Trekking In Savannakhet 3 Days
Tour code: DINA-LSVA
Type of tour: Private tour
Duration: 3 Days 2 Nights
Route: Savannakhet - Muang Phin - Ban Vongsi Keo - Ban Nhang - Keng Samartek - Muang Phin - Savannakhet
Overview:Dong Phu Vieng NBCA is located about 194 kms from Savannakhet and its area covers over 197,000 hectares. Savannakhet – Muang Phin (174 kms) about 2 hours driving by National Route No. 9 on very good, recently paved roads, improved with Japanese assistance.
( 3 Days 2 Nights )
What make this tour so special
- Stopover to visit dinosaur traces at Muang Palan
- Trek through mixed forests of various woodland and rocky out-crops
- Enter to Ban Vongsi Keo
- Home stays Experience in Katang minority village
- Keng Samartek, Muang Phin & Savannakhet exploring
- Day 1: Savannakhet - Muang Phin - Ban Vongsi Keo
- Day 2: Ban Vongsi Keo - Ban Nhang
- Day 3: Ban Nhang - Keng Samartek - Muang Phin - Savannakhet
Day 01 : Savannakhet - Muang Phin - Ban Vongsi Keo(L,D)
In the morning at around 6:30 AM, assemble at the Savannakhet Tourism Office. Drive on National Road No. 9 to Muang Phin for 174 kms. Stopover to visit dinosaur traces at Muang Palan. Arrive at Muang Phin then turn right onto a dusty route to Dong Phu Vieng NBCA for about 17 kms. Here you will leave the car and start to trek along the jungle path.
Picnic lunch en-route.
After lunch continue to trek through mixed forests of various woodland and rocky out-crops. Look out for wildlife along the way. Short rest at Houay Sing River. As you continue to walk, you will see more evidence of village gardens and rice fields. Enter to Ban Vongsi Keo, a Katang minority village. You will be welcomed and your home-stay will begin. Dinner will be prepared by the villagers. Accommodation at a villager’s house.
Day 02 : Ban Vongsi Keo - Ban Nhang (B/L/D)
At around 6:30 AM, the village guide will lead you to Dong Sakee sacred jungle to discover the rare leaf monkeys (silvered langur) and to see the hornbill bird. On the way back to the village, observe the strange wooden posts, or Lak La Puep clan post. At around 9:30 AM, the long distance trek of over 18 kms will begin. This portions of the trek is interesting because of the richness of the primitive jungle. You can learn and discover the rare herbs and bush fruits along the way.
Picnic lunch at Tham Long cave.
Continue to walk through primitive jungle and glade toward Ban Nhang, the Katang ethnic village located close to the bank of Xebanghieng River. Welcome by the villagers. Bathing and swimming in the river. Dinner and home-stay at a villager’s house.
Day 03 : Ban Nhang - Keng Samartek - Muang Phin - Savannakhet (B,L)
Ride in a long-tail boat to Kaeng La Berng Nang rapids where you can rest and enjoy the forest reaching to the riverside and the white sand beach. Continue to the famous Kaeng Samartek rocky rapids.
Take the pick-up to return to Muang Phin and then to Savannakhet.
Tour rates: Rates vary depend on group size, travel time, accommodation level, transportation and other service. Please check with us for the best tour rates
- Visa fee - visa to Vietnam
- Flights, Laotian visa fee upon arrival (US $30 per person + two photos)
- Airport tax upon departure (International: US $10 per person / Domestic: US $0.50 per person)
- All other meals not mentioned above
- Drinks, tips and other personal expenditures such as telephone, laundry, and personal travel insurance.
- If you don’t have enough time to complete visa before your departure to Vietnam, we will help you to obtain visa on arrival easily
- As indicated: A/C= Air-conditioning, O/N= Overnight, B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner
- Itinerary is subject to change depending on flights, road condition and room availability
- Rates are subjected to changed without prior notice.
of your group
|Submit for a
itinerary then pay/ deposit 30%
|Take off with
Vietnamtravelways.com tour voucher
All's for your satisfaction!