Vietnam Tourism: Explore South Vietnam 5 Days
Tour code: VNT5
Type of tour: Private tour (This is the sample tour, you may go with all details here or we can modify to fix your date of travel)
Duration: 5 Days 4 Nights
This Mekong Delta trip provides you a look at varieties of the life and scenery on the Mekong River itself as well as on the bank of the river. Start the trip by a drive to short visit Ho Chi Minh city, the trip continue to Cu Chi Tunnel, enjoy a sampan boat to Cai Rang (or Cai Be) floating market - the regions busiest and most lively markets. Taking this tour is the best way to visit Ho Chi Minh City, Tay Ninh, Cao Dai Temple, Cu Chi Tunnels and Mekong delta - the most interesting destinations around Saigon in 5 days.
HOCHIMINH CITY - TAY NINH - CUCHI - MEKONG DELTA
( 5 Days 4 Nights )
- Explore the canal network of Mekong Delta
- Enjoy fresh fruits from rich orchards
- Experience the culture and taste the typical foods with special cuisines.
- Fascinating daily life and products in Mekong Delta
- Cai Be colorful floating market cruising
- Fruit plantations visiting
Day 01 : Ho Chi Minh city - Arrival
You are welcomed by our guide at Tan Son Nhat airport and then be transferred to your hotel in the center of city. Half day city tour visit Reunification Palace, War Museum, Notre Dame Cathedral with the passing Ben Thanh market. Overnight in Ho Chi Minh City.
Day 02 : Ho Chi Minh City - Tay Ninh - Cu Chi (B/L)
Drive a long way on the country side of Vietnam to Tay Ninh, 100 km from Ho Chi Minh city. On arrival to the head quarter of Cao Dai religious, you will have a chance to witness the daily ceremony at Cao Dai Holy See, and meet followers come to attend the ceremony wearing colored robes, a symbol of the curious combination of the Confucianism, Taoism, Christianity and Buddhism. Having lunch at a local restaurant then continue the trip to Cu Chi, visit the incredible underground tunnel network constructed by Vietnamese fighters during the long struggle for independence. Overnight at Ho Chi Minh City.
Day 03 : Ho Chi Minh City- Cai Be (or Can Tho) (B/L/D)
In the morning, shuttle bus pick you up at your hotel in Ho Chi Minh City and take you to Cai Be (or Can Tho) (note: No private tour guide). You board on the Mekong Eyes around noon. After a refreshing welcome drink we show you our on-board facilities and your cosy cabin. As lunch is served, the boat starts cruising. Sit back and watch the fantastic scenery and the daily life of the Mekong people.
In the afternoon you can disembark for a guided leisurely stroll through the village and the surrounding fruit orchards or rice fields. Meet the friendly locals and taste the local produce and fruits.
Get back on board and enjoy a drink at the bar or relax on deck as the sun sets over the magnificent water landscape. The boat will anchor for the night. The day ends with a delicious on-board dinner.
Day 04 : Cai Rang (or Cai Be Floating Market) - Ho Chi Minh City (B/L)
Wake up well rested to the sound of the River and get ready for another exciting day of sightseeing. At 6.30h the Mekong Eyes sets off for a sunrise cruise. Watch the locals go about their daily work drying exotic fruits and building ships on the wooden yards while enjoying an early breakfast.
After breakfast, we will board a sampan boat to Cai Rang (or Cai Be) floating market, the regions busiest and most lively markets. Marvel at the sheer abundance of exotic fruits, vegetables and skilfully handcrafted regional products. We will pull up to the boats for talking and bargaining with the merchants. We will also visit some of the local candy and cake making factories or boat through the green water landscape to see local houses, verdant orchards and ship-building yards.
The boat trip ends at around 11.00 - 11.30h on the pier. After lunch, we will take you back to your hotel in Ho Chi Minh City.
On odd date pick up time in Ho Chi Minh City is 07.00. On even date pick up time in Ho Chi Minh City is 08.00.
The road trip from Ho Chi Minh City to Can Tho takes approx. 4 hours, to Cai Be approx. 2 hours. This is why on odd dates we have to leave Ho Chi Minh City earlier than on even dates.
Day 05 : Ho Chi Minh City - Departure (B)
Free time for shopping or relax until time to airport for departure home or more visits the North of Vietnam. (Note: No tour guide see off)
Tour rates : Rates vary depend on group size, travel time, accommodation level, transportation and other service. Please check with us for the best tour rates
- Hotel accommodation as specific or similar, base on twin sharing
- Private car/mini van in Saigon
- Join car and boat in Mekong River
- All entrance fees
- English or French speaking guide. Other languages can be arranged upon request
- All meals as per program (L=lunch, D = dinner)
- Drinks, except otherwise mentioned
- International flight and international airport tax on departure
- Insurance, Personal expenses & Tips
- Vietnam Visa - this can be done with our Visa service
- Rates are subjected to changed without prior notice.
- Itinerary is subject to change depending on flights, road condition and room availability
- As indicated: A/C= Air-conditioning, O/N= Overnight, B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner
of your group
|Submit for a
itinerary then pay/ deposit 30%
|Take off with
Vietnamtravelways.com tour voucher
All's for your satisfaction!
- Ho Chi Minh - Me Kong Delta 5 Days
- Vietnam Landscape 11 Days from Ha Noi to HCMc
- Vietnam Highlights 9 Days from Hanoi to HCMc
- Vietnam Vacation Quick Touch 6 Days from Hanoi to HCMc
- Discover North Vietnam 7 Days from Hanoi
- Enjoy Viet Nam 6 Days from HCMc to Hanoi
- The Smile Of Vietnam 8 Days from HCMc to Hanoi
- Vietnam River & Ocean 12 Days from HCMc to Hanoi
- Viet Nam Holidays 15 Days from HCMc to Hanoi
- Treasure of Vietnam Culture 14 Days from Hanoi to HCMc