Cruise Overnight On Luxury Jayavarman Cruise & Exit Cambodia 4 Days
Tour code: MK-RV
Type of tour: Private tour
Duration: 4 Days 3 Nights
Route: Ho Chi Minh - Cai Be - Chau Doc - Phnom Penh
Overview: Inspired by the golden age cruise liner Normandie, "The Jayavarman" is a 20th century boutique style marvel marries avant-garde French colonial design with enchanting Indochine architecture to perfection.The Jayavarman Cruise is Indochina's first of its kind boutique style river cruise liner and offers uncompromising luxury on 800 m² public space including 4 decks.
( 4 Days 3 Nights )
What make this tour so special:
- local life and floating markets along the biggest and longest river in Southeast Asia - The Mekong, etc.
- The 4 day cruise “Pearl of the Orient” for the cruise aficionados with less time at their hands connecting
- The Pearl of the Orient with Paris of the East giving you some awe inspiring moments underway, deep in the Mekong Delta.
- Day 1 : Ho Chi Minh - Cai Be
- Day 2 : Cai Be - Chau Doc
- Day 3 : Chau Doc boarder crossing
- Day 4 : Phnom Penh "Pearl of the East"
Day 01: Ho Chi Minh City - Cai Be "The sea of mangroves"
1Bid farewell to the hustle and bustle of Saigon while settling into your cabin. The ship will begin by meandering along busy ports and waterways. Soon after, the change is abrupt and you'll find yourself in the UNESCO listed Mangrove Biosphere Reserve of Can Gio which had been destroyed during the Vietnam War by toxic chemicals. Amazingly, the 75 hectares of forest has come back to life through a reforestation.
Enjoy a cocktail reception at the Funnel Bar and Lounge followed by a Welcome Dinner on the Sun Deck. Drop anchor just outside of Cai Be for the night.
Day 02: Cai Be - Chau Doc "Vietnamese inventiveness"
Today's tour starts with the visit of Cai Be's colorful floating market. Cruise among local sampans coming from all provinces of the delta full of fruits and vegetables. Proceed to Dong Hoa Hiep island located between Vinh Long and Cai Be. During a 40 minute cruise, discover beautiful landscapes along the river and observe the typical Mekong Delta rural life. These evergreen islands among the Mekong River still remain unknown to many people.
Back on the sampans, we will lead to you to observe the activity of the biggest rice stock market in Cai Be. Further stops will allow you to see traditional brick and tile factories and how locals use palm leaves for houses. Cruise 20 minutes further to Phu An hamlet passing by Cai Be's beautiful cathedral. Visit some interesting home factories to see how rice paste, rice cookies and coco candies, are made, along with the longan fruit drying process.
Lunch will await you at Le Longanier, a superb Indochinese villa located in a lush tropical garden by the river, surrounded by fruit orchards. After lunch, group 1 takes a stroll along the canals to experience the local environment first hand while group 2 explores the edges of the canals on bicycle. After touring the canals, head to the An Kiet ancient house to have tea with the descendants of the former imperial residents. Board The Jayavarman for a relaxing evening cruise towards Chau Doc. Moor midstream overnight.
Day 03: Chau Doc boarder crossing - "Taste of aqua cultural life"
Welcome to the circus of fish. The early birds will be treated to Thai Chi lessons on the Sun Deck. Brace yourself for a boat excursion to the exciting floating villages and catfish farms witnessing masses of bassa fish being fed, hand in hand with a shore excursion to the village of the local Muslim Cham community.
Take a ride through this fascinating town of rich French colonial architecture and see its bustling market flooded with tropical fruits in full display by women in cone shaped palm leaf hats. Observe beautiful textiles being woven on old wooden looms; a tradition that has been passed from generation to generation.
By mid-afternoon, The Jayavarman casts off for the border towards Phnom Penh.
Day 04: Phnom Penh "Pearl of the East"
Off we go early in the morning to witness a truly indescribable scene while approaching Phnom Penh's river promenade. Sadly, after breakfast, it is time to disembark the cruise and transfer to the hotel at 10:00AM
Tour rates: Rates vary depend on group size, travel time, accommodation level, transportation and other service. Please check with us for the best tour ratesPrice Includes
- All excursions including entrance fees, transportation and English - speaking tour guides' service
- Taxes, fuel, pilot, port dues, passenger levies, full board during the itinerary
- Welcome and Farewell Dinners, daily breakfast, lunch and dinner including local beer, local brand spirits and wines served during meals, coffee, selection of tea, selection of herbal infusions, local mineral water, local canned soft drinks served free through the day.
- A meeting point and a drop off point shall be informed at booking time, transfer from/to these meeting points, currently set as Le Meridian Angkor Hotel in Siem Rea and Sofitel Plaza Saigon Hotel in Ho Chi Minh City, to/from the ship is Indochina Sails' responsibility.
- Description of service in details
- Visa fee - visa to Vietnam
- Domestic & International flight and all airport taxes
- Drinks, except otherwise mentioned
- Personal expenses & Tips
"The Jayavarman" - a floating sanctuary of style and space. Inspired by the golden age cruise liner Normandie, "The Jayavarman" is a 20th century boutique style marvel marries avant-garde French colonial design with enchanting Indochine architecture to perfection.
"The Jayavarman" is Indochina's first of its kind boutique style river cruise liner and offers uncompromising luxury on 800 m² public space including 4 decks.
The guest accommodation consists of 27 expansive and carefully designed staterooms with floor to ceiling panoramic sliding glass doors onto a private French balcony offer privacy and matchless luxury.
of your group
|Submit for a
itinerary then pay/ deposit 30%
|Take off with
Vietnamtravelways.com tour voucher
All's for your satisfaction!