North-East Adventures 5 Days
Tour code: NE05
Type of tour: Private tour
Duration: 5 Days 4 Nights
Route: Ha Noi - Ba Be - Pac Po Cave - Cao Bang - Ban Gioc - Ha Noi
Overview: Explore the most splendid off-the-beaten-track sites of Vietnam's northeast. It is an area where karst limestone mountains ranges and wonderful terraced paddy fields make up the geography. Suitable to those who love eco-tours, prefer untouched areas, and enjoy learning about the customs of the hill tribe people. Extremely attractive to picture-hunting travelers as well.
HANOI - BA BE - CAO BANG - BAN GIOC - HANOI
( 5 Days 4 Nights )
What make this tour so special:
- Pass through the undulating terrain of tea plantations in Thai Nguyen
- Museum of Ethnology in Thai Nguyen town sightseeing
- Visit the beauty of Ba Be lakes on the local canoes.
- Trekk to visit some of the ethnic minorities
- Visit the historical Pac Po cave
- Day 1 : Ha Noi - Cai Be
- Day 2 : Ba Be
- Day 3 : Ba Be - Pac Po Cave - Cao Bang Town
- Day 4 : Cao Bang - Ban Gioc Waterfall - Cao Bang
- Day 5 : Cao Bang - Ha Noi
Day 01: Hanoi - Ba Be (B, L)
This exotic journey Vietnam's Northeast begins as we depart from your hotel at 7.00 am. We drive up and pass through the undulating terrain of tea plantations in Thai Nguyen city. We will make stop for a visit and break at the museum of Ethnology in Thai Nguyen town, then keep moving through many other rural villages along the way. This is our first glimpse of rural Vietnam and sets the tone for the days ahead. Depending on traffic conditions, we will arrive at Ba Be lake about midday at around 3:30 pm. After checking into our homestay in Pac Ngoi, we will have free time to walk around the village and meet some of the local Tay people. Dinner and overnight in Ba Be.
Day 02: Boating into the three lakes of Babe (B, L)
Start today at about 8.00 am. Today we will spend the whole day visiting the beauty of Ba Be lakes on the local canoes. Transfer to a boat dock, board our small boat, then glide along the river and and through the pretty cave. Lunch is served near a beautiful waterfall. After lunch, we canoe our hearts out navigating into the tranquility of Ba Be lakes. The rest of the afternoon can be spent swimming and / or trekking to visit some of the ethnic minorities. Dinner then free to learn about the local culture and customs. Overnight at the homestay.
Day 03: Ba be - Pac Po Cave - Cao Bang town (B, L)
Get up early for our long day. Say goodbye to Pac Ngoi village and en route by 6.30 am. We will take about an hour walk near the lake, then hit the road. A scenic 4 hour drive towards Cao Bang - here the ethnic people of Hmong, Dao, Tho and Nung live together in harmony. We will have lunch on the way then continue driving to visit the historical Pac Po cave (where Ho Chi Minh set up headquarters for the August Vietnamese Revolution in 1945), then back to Cao Bang town in the afternoon. Depending on time we could potentially arrive in Cao Bang town first. Nevertheless, we will be back to Cao Bang town late afternoon / early evening to overnight.
Day 04: Cao Bang - Ban Gioc Waterfall - Cao Bang (B, L)
At 8.00 am we head out of town and start venturing into the most remote northern region of Cao Bang Province. The scenic roads traverse Trung Khanh before arriving at Ban Gioc Waterfall, which boasts the biggest waterfall in Vietnam (though not full of water in the dry season). There is an enormous cave that has two main entrances and one branch reaching almost all the way to the waterfalls where the ‘secret’ entrance hides. On the way back, we can make breaks en route as you wish to visit hill tribe villages and take pictures. Back to Cao Bang in the late afternoon to overnight at around 7:00 pm.
Day 05: Cao Bang - Hanoi (B, L)
This day is our last day, we leave at 8.00 am and will spend the whole day driving back to hanoi (on some of the same routes). We can stop for sightseeing en route anytime you wish. Arrive back in Hanoi around 5:00 pm. Our adventure ends at your hotel.
|Class/Group size||Price per pax (adult) in US Dollars|
|2 pax||4 pax|
Private tour: To do the tour privately. The tour is not fixed, it is possible to be customized for your group. All service is reserved for your group only. You do not have to share the bus, boat, tour guide with other tourists
- Hotel accommodation based on twin or triple share with daily breakfast (incl: services charges, room taxes and baggage handling) or homestay
- Meals as specified in the itinerary
- All transfers and transportation
- English- speaking guide (other languages are available upon request).
- Sightseeing as specified including entrance fees
- Optional tours
- Tips for tour guide, driver
- Travel insurance
- Expenditure of a personal nature, tips, such as drinks, souvenirs, laundry, emergency transfers & etc
- Visa fee
- International airfare to/ from Vietnam & International airport tax in Vietnam
- Others which are not mentioned in the inclusion
- Rates are subjected to changed without prior notice.
- Itinerary is subject to change depending on flights, road condition and room availability
- As indicated: A/C= Air-conditioning, O/N= Overnight, B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner
of your group
|Submit for a
itinerary then pay/ deposit 30%
|Take off with
Vietnamtravelways.com tour voucher
All's for your satisfaction!